Katie Jones, M.S. Ed.
DEAR PARENTS AND FAMILIES,
I am happy to welcome you to the 2016-2017 school year!
My name is Katie Jones and I will be working with you as Elementary Principal for the upcoming school year. I am a 9+ year educator that has been with Southern Avenue Charter Schools for the past3 years working in various roles and most recently as Assistant Principal of Academics for the 2015-2016 school year. Here at Southern Avenue Charter Elementary School, we recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities.
We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
1) Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience.
2) Completes all homework assignments given by teachers.
3) Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills.
4) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
5) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
Please support our school by actively participating in our required school volunteer program as our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school’s program and its operations. I am attaching a copy of our Student and Parent Handbook so that you and your child can review them together and learn more about school expectations.
At Southern Avenue Charter Elementary School, your children will be safe, they will learn,and they will be given the opportunity to express themselves. Believe and achieve with us!
Katie Jones M.S. Ed,
Principal Southern Avenue Charter Elementary School