Academics at SACS
Before- and After-School Care for K-5
We Welcome School-Age Kids, Morning and Evening
When you’re a working family with school-age children, finding reliable before- and after-school care can be hard to come by.
Our before- and after-care programs go well beyond homework help. We support children in becoming the kindest, most capable, and most resilient version of themselves. That means giving each child the space, encouragement, and materials they need to follow their passions. During before- and after-care, we create positive communities of friends with games, projects, creative arts, and plenty of playtime to keep kids happy, bright, and healthy.
What you need to know about Before and After Care
Before and After Care is provided to our scholars for a weekly fee. Before-care and After-care is located in the main elementary building at 2221 Democrat Road. Breakfast, tutoring, and homework time are provided during before-care. Dinner (4pm), tutoring, and homework time are provided during after-care.
Dear Southern Avenue Charter School Parents,
- All money for Before and After School Care will be due before services are rendered. Please pay in advance (Friday evening or Monday morning) or scholars will not have a slot for the upcoming week.
- If scholars are not enrolled in Before School Care, they must remain in the car until 7:30 a.m. Someone from the Covid Team will screen the scholar.
- New Hours:
- Before School Care: 6:00 a.m.- 7:30 a.m.
- Late Pick- up: 3:31 p.m.
- After School Care: 3:30 p.m.- 5:30 p.m.
- New Prices:
- Before School Care: $25.00 weekly
- After School Care: $40.00 weekly
- Before and After School Care: $75.00 weekly
- Drop In after 3:31 p.m: $15.00 Daily
*Please note that the building closes for the day at 5:30 p.m. PROMPTLY. There will not be any pickups after 5:30 p.m.
- Please don’t send sick scholars to school!
- Please be sure to report all positive COVID-19 cases within the household. Contact Ms. Pace at 901-666-1405 (office), 901-554-3441 (cell) or [email protected].
- If scholars exhibit symptoms such as coughing, shortness of breath, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, runny nose, sneezing, headache or a temperature at or above 100.4, they will be sent to the sick room with a licensed nurse. Scholars will then be sent home for the remainder of the day. Scholars CAN’T return unless they have a doctor’s statement stating that they can return to school.
- If a scholar has allergies, please send documentation, otherwise we will have to send the scholar home for any symptoms stated above.