Carpool Procedures for the 2022-2023 School Year
Morning Carpool Procedures
- Please do not drop off your child prior to 7:30 AM or without a SACS faculty member
present if the child(ren) are not enrolled in Before Care (6am-7:30am).
- Our school day begins with instruction at 8 AM. Last call for breakfast is 7:45 AM.
- Scholars are tardy at 8:01 AM. If your child arrives on campus at 8:01 AM or after, you MUST park and walk your child to the office to sign in in the K2 building. In the 3rd-5th grade Academy building, you MUST walk and sign your child in at the carpool entrance.
- All car riders MUST come through the carpool line. Please limit distractions and driving over 5mph while on campus.
- Staff Members will be on duty to assist in the carpool line at 7:30 AM. Please make sure the child is awake, and ready to safely exit the vehicle after receiving a clearance from the SACS Covid team member, or SACS faculty assisting with morning carpool duty in both buildings.
- Please have your child exit the car quickly, safely, and independently.
- If you have a scheduled meeting at the school, please drop off your child in the carpool line, then park in the parking lot of the building.
Afternoon Carpool Procedures
- Afternoon carpool lines may begin as early as 2:30pm. Names will be called at 3:01 PM.
- All Carpool Riders MUST have a SACS issued carpool tag visible in the front window or drivers window during the 3:01-3:15 dismissal. This is imperative to call scholars’ names and safely place scholars in the correct vehicle.
- If you do not have the SACS carpool tag, you must park your car and wait until the end of dismissal to show a state government issued photo identification to check out your child or get a new carpool tag.
- Please do NOT block the driveways or create an extra line for carpooling. Each building has a single line for entrance in the morning and afternoon.
- Please pull up as far as possible, this will allow for maximum loading.
- We will call for your child and send them to be loaded.
- Please limit distractions and driving over 5mph for the safety of scholars during carpool.
- At 3:15 PM all students remaining at the carpool will be brought to the K2 cafeteria.
- A Parent or guardian MUST come into the building to sign the child out after 3:30 PM.
Early dismissal ends promptly at 2:30 pm in both buildings. No walk ups during carpool. Thank you for your cooperation and patience during the morning and afternoon carpool.